Research has shown that meal replacement shakes can help you lose weight. Here are 5 tips for choosing the right diet shakes for you:
The most important thing has to be the taste – if you don’t like the shakes you just aren’t going to stick with the diet!
Also make sure that you can choose from a variety of flavours, so you’re not having exactly the same each and every meal – that way it keeps it more interesting and you can choose to have the flavour you fancy.
The amount of calories in the shake is important of course, so check this out. You’ll want to choose a shake that has 200-250 calories per shake, and that includes the milk that you use to mix it.
The amount of protein included in the shake is also important. Protein takes longer to digest than carbs, making you feel fuller for longer, so it is best to choose a meal replacement shake that contains a high % of protein.
This is also a reason why shakes can be better than meal replacement bars which tend to be very high in carbs – both from cereals and sugars.
3. Added Vitamins
It can be hard to eat a balanced diet with all the nutrients you need when you’re on a meal replacement diet, as you’ve only got one meal and a couple of healthy snacks to fit in your fruit and veg.
So choosing a meal replacement shake that includes added vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients can help you to stay healthy whilst you’re dieting, and to maintain your energy levels.
4. Other weight loss boosting ingredients
Some diet shakes also have additional added ingredients to help with your weight loss. As standard the whey protein will help you make you feel full on a limited number of calories. But why stick with just that, if there are other ingredients that could help supercharge your weight loss even more. Look out for shakes with added weight loss boosting ingredients.
5. Free Diet Advice
Weight loss shakes can be really helpful for limiting your portion sizes and helping you lose weight. But they don’t actually teach you how to eat well and keep weight off long-term. Ideally choose a meal replacement plan that doesn’t just rely on the short-term weight loss whilst you’re using the shakes, but also gives you advice on how to maintain your weight loss once you finish and move back to eating proper meals again.
One weight loss shake that ticks all of these boxes is the EvoShake from Evolution Slimming. Let’s recap whilst looking at EvoShake:
- Taste – EvoShake comes in a choice of 3 flavours, Strawberry Sensation, Chocolate Delight, and Delicious Vanilla. This allows you to mix and match your flavours so each day can be different. The flavours have been carefully trialled and taste tested and they promise you the best meal replacement shakes that you’ve ever tasted.
- Calories – EvoShake contains 220 calories per shake when made with 200ml skimmed milk. Each serving contains 12.6g of protein, so with your 2 shakes and an evening meal containing a protein such as chicken or fish you’ll easily reach your RDA of 28g per day.
- Added Vitamins – each shake is fortified with vitamins and minerals to help keep you healthy whilst you are dieting. These include Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D3 and E.
- Added Weight Loss Boosters – to help you lose weight, 2 additional ingredients have been added to the EvoShake. Firstly, the incredibly popular green coffee bean extract and secondly acai berry which is high in antioxidants.
- Free Diet Advice – At Evolution Slimming, its not just about getting you to buy a product, they’re really committed to helping you lose weight. So, you can download a free 7 day diet plan that will help you understand what to eat and give you some easy exercise suggestions. This will help you to make some simple changes to your lifestyle, both alongside using the EvoShake meal replacements and once you go back to normal meals.
Originally posted 2014-05-07 17:58:39.